The library is attractive, light and spacious, with separate areas for children’s books, fiction, non-fiction, large-print & audio books and computers.
There is a Home Library Service, since we have volunteers who deliver books, usually on a fortnightly basis, to housebound customers. These include large print and audio books. Please see the link on our Home page (right-hand side, in the red box) for further information or ring the library on 01609 534059.
For your research:
- free WiFi
- computers with printer and internet access
- online reference resources
For your documents:
- colour printing
For your leisure:
- newspapers (Scarborough News, Yorkshire Post and The I)
- large-print books
- audio books
- language courses
- Ordnance Survey maps
- tourist information
For your meetings & events:
- room hire
- advertising of community events and classes
For your convenience:
- tea/coffee/hot chocolate machine
- bottled water and biscuits
- baby changing facilities
- access for the disabled
For your enjoyment and relaxation
- Our beautiful garden, which is a sun-trap with plenty of seating and a covered area
Charges apply to some of the above services, see: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/library-charges-and-fines
For regular borrowers, media subscriptions are available. Members of North Yorkshire Libraries are entitled to 1 hour’s free use of the library’s computers a day.
Please ask our volunteers if you require any help!