At the bottom of this page you will find the Photo Consent form for the Under 16s
STORYTIME FOR THE UNDER 5s
Storytime for the under 5s is held in the Children’s Library area on Mondays in term-time from 2.15 – 2.45pm.
There is no charge for this activity.
Bring your pre-school child to enjoy stories, rhymes and craft activities. No need to book – just come along!
Newby and Scalby Library and Information Centre encourages visits from pre-school, primary and secondary classes and groups for the following reasons:
- To provide an opportunity for children of all age and backgrounds to visit the library
- To make children aware of library services and how to access them.
- To encourage children to join and use the library.
- To foster a close partnership with schools.
- To promote and encourage reading for pleasure and as a means of self development.
- To support language and literacy development.
- To foster the development of lifelong learning skills.
- To promote the development of citizenship.
How to arrange a class visit
- Teachers or group leaders should contact the library by email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance to make the arrangements. The library staff may ask you about the following:
- When you want to visit – have alternative dates in mind in case the library is already booked on the date you want.
- How many children you want to bring. Normally a primary school class of up to 30 is fine
- How old the children are.
- Any special needs that can be planned for such as community languages, physical or visual impairment.
- The purpose of the visit, for example an introduction to the library, to look at resources on a theme, to develop information literacy.
- Someone from Scalby and Newby Library can visit your school to give an assembly covering:
- Information about your local library.
- Services for children.
- Reading challenges for children.
- Please contact the Library by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on assemblies.
Here is the link to click on so that you can download our parental consent form for a child up to 16 years of age whose photo you consent to us using in publicity for the library.